Use ingredients in your refrigerator to create your own healthy and gluten-free fish recipe. The featured fish in this video is US Pond Raised and Grain Fed Catfish. Any fish will do, but catfish is exceptionally good and healthy.
Degree of Difficulty: Extremely Easy
- Sheets of aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Knife and cutting board for cutting vegetables
Ingredients: All ingredients are optional and are just suggestions. Use whatever you can readily find in your refrigerator or at the grocery.
- Catfish fillets, I prefer 3 to 5 or 5 to 7-ounce fillets
- Broccoli florets
- Cauliflower florets
- Carrot slices
- Green Beans
- Squash, cubed
- Zucchini, cubed
- Sweet Potatoes, par-cooked or blanched, thinly sliced or in small cubes
- Red Potatoes, par-cooked or blanched, thinly sliced or in small cubes
- Brown Rice (par-cooked)
- White wine or cooking sherry
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Prepare all of your ingredients.
- Layout a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper approximately 12”x12” square
- Place ingredients in the center of the square, making sure not to add too many.
- Place the catfish fillet on top of the ingredients, and season to taste with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning
- Add wine, cooking sherry, butter
- Fold up the sides of the foil or parchment paper and crimp the edges together, making sure that there are no openings (review on the video)
- Bake in a 375-degree preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes
- Be careful when opening the wrapper because of all of the steam that will build up on the inside. I usually slice the wrapper open with a knife and peel it back to expose the contents